The Canon A-1 35 mm SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera is the high-end of the Canon A series.
Manufactured from 1978 to 1985, the Canon A-1 is a sophisticated electronic camera with all-digital control. Power sypply by one 6V V28PXL battery (not furnished). The A-1 has the choice of automatic exposure (aperture- or shutter-priority), the very first programmed fully-automatic exposure mode, as well as fully manual setting and an automatic dedicated flash. The viewfinder information is also easy to read with a 7-segment red LED readout. The control settings are displayed at the same time you make shootings.
* S.S.C. = Super Spectra Coating is applied to the surface of lens elements. It boosts light transmission, ensures sharp and high contrast images, minimizes ghosting and flares.
Camera and accessories are in very good condition. This camera has been manufactured in the 1980's and has been totally overhauled in August 1999. In the 1980's it was worth 1'230 €. Following accessories are included :
- CANON POWER WINDER A, for automatic film advance up to 5 fps (frames per second), powered by four 1.5V AA LR06 batteries (not furnished)
- CANON DATABACK A, allows alpha-numeric or date stamping on the film, with orange characters in the bottom right-hand corner of each photo, powered by one 6V V28PXL battery (not furnished)
- original back of the camera housing (w/o data stamping)
- 1 filter HOYA Skylight (1B) with Ø 55 mm
- carry strap and instruction manual (in French)
Total weight : 1.630 kg (1.950 kg with shipment packing)
More info here: https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/film100.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_A-1
Canon A-1 with FD lens 50 mm 1:1.4 S.S.C.*, power winder and date stamper, 24x36 analog camera of 1980
- Brand: Canon
- Product Code: Appareil photo
- Availability: 1
Tags: Canon A-1, camera, power winder A, databack A