The Novag Chess Champion Pocket Chess was one of the earliest battery portable chess computers produced. It is identical to the Scisys version. It was somewhat stronger in play than the Boris Diplomat and also cheaper.
This device is new and works perfectly well.
- Power supply : 7.5V 200mA 2.5mm jack-plug with positive tip AC/DC adaptor (not furnished) or 6 x AA batteries
- Battery operating time : approx. 10 hours
- Processor : Fairchild 3870 singlechip 4 MHz 8 bit
- Memory : 2KB ROM, 64 bytes RAM
- 8 difficulty levels : de la partie éclair à la résolution de situations complexes
LV 1: 2 - 10 s
LV 2: 4 - 15 s
LV 3: 15 - 20 s
LV 4: 2 min
LV 5: 4 min
LV 6: approx. 20 min, checkmate in 2 moves
LV 7: approx. 40 min
LV 8: approx. 3 h.
- Plays Black, White or against itself
- Shows the colour which has to play
- Automatic rocade, en passant captures and pawn to a queen promotions
- Refuses forbidden moves
- Easy correction of entry errors
- Particular game situations for checkmate in 2 moves or to solve problems can easily be made
- The MM (Multi Move) button allows specific openings
- Manufacturer : Novag Industries Ltd Hong Kong, in 1980
- Delivered with chess pieces and plexiglas cover, but without instruction booklet
Total weight with chess pieces, cover and packing : 0,570 kg, 0,680 kg (with shipment packing)
Novag's Chess Champion Pocket Chess of 1980, like new !
- Brand: Novag
- Product Code: Antiquités-jeux
- Availability: 1
Tags: chess, computer, electronic, Novag, small, mini, pocket