manufactured by WMF in the early 20th century, in perfect condition.
Silver plated frame and glass container.
On the underside, the 3 hallmarks WMFG, I/O and OX can be clearly seen, the meaning of which is:
- WMFG with running ostrich (company's symbol) = Württembergische Metallwaren Fabrik, founded in 1880 and which became by 1900 the world's largest producer and exporter of decorative objects and household items, principally JUGENDSTIL (Art Nouveau) style. G = Geislingen, where WMF was and still is established.
- I/O = Normal thickness of silver-plating
- OX = oxidized to give patina
Dimensions in mm & weight : Ø 105, H 185 - 300 g (420 g with shipment packing)
Louis XVI style silver and glass sugar bowl, 1930s
- Brand: W.M.F. Württembergische Metallwaren Fabrik
- Product Code: Antiquités, arts de la table
- Availability: 1